Mission and Vision
Provide the electronic gateway to Kansas government information and services.
To deliver world-class digital government.
In order to achieve the vision, the statutory objectives are derived directly from INK’s enabling statute, (KSA 74-9301 et seq.). INK has also added additional strategic and investment objectives.
- Seek advice from the public and state agencies;
- Provide electronic access to Kansas governments;
- Provide and optimize easy interaction with citizens, businesses and governments to Kansas information and services under assurances of privacy, security, and accessibility;
- Increase the amount, quality, and value of Kansas information and services;
- Align INK services with state initiatives and provide leadership in the delivery of information services;
- Direct a self-funded model that promotes the continued expansion of information services; and
- Explore and implement technology to improve access to Kansas information and services.
- Provide increased Access to multiple entities with Kansas state, county and municipal entities
- Demonstrate the Perceived Value of collaboration with the state portal to state, county and local governments
- Develop expanded data Distribution mechanisms to citizens, business and state and local entities
- Implement an Infrastructure environment to accommodate maximum scalability, security, recoverability and availability
- Maintain a highly Secure environment to attain compliance to applicable industry standards
- Accomplish Benchmarks to measure the progress toward the completion of established metrics with associate timelines.
- The INK Board will provide grant revenues to support the INK Statutory and Strategic Objectives, the State SIM Plan and the INK Strategic Plan
- The INK Board will provide grant revenues for infrastructure investment to support XML, open source application development and products and content management services.
- The INK Board will provide grant revenues to promote and expand the number of entities involved with the transformational activities.
- The INK Board will provide grant revenues to promote expanded citizen and business access to state and local government informational products and services.
The emphasis on openness (reliance on open-source software) and interoperability (reliance on global standards such as XML and Web Services) in the technological choices of INK, underscores the business strength of the portal.
This emphasis will allow INK to engage partners, irrespective of their own technological choices within their entities. This will foster network externalities in the aggregation of content, increasing the value of the networks and communities supported by the portal. It will require however, ongoing investments in infrastructure to ensure the scalability, security and reliability of the site and investments in marketing to create widespread recognition of the Kansas.gov brand.
Underpinning the overall strategy of INK is a unique partnership model that leverages the enormous wealth of knowledge and resources in all parts of the state development community from state government to local communities to the private sector. As the state’s gateway to State government information and services, it is this “portal plus” model that goes well beyond a simple aggregation approach to add significant value to the users through a rich offering of decentralized state and local government informational products and services, and access to a committed and dedicated web development community.